The industry has 1,000 acres of cranberry fields.
The New Brunswick processing plant is a key outlet for cranberry growers. It is owned as a cooperative by cranberry growers.
The mission of the NB Cranberry Growers Agency/L'Agence des producteurs de canneberges du N.-B. is to promote the New Brunswick cranberry industry.
The organization accomplishes its mission by assuming the following mandate:
- To assist growers in maximizing their productivity and their profitability.
- To facilitate training and networking amongst cranberry growers.
- To establish partnerships with governments and the agricultural industry.
- To encourage research and development.
- To recommend standards, policies and regulations.
- To enhance public awareness of the cranberry industry.
- To act as spokesperson for the NB cranberry industry.
Our values guide our actions and decisions as follows:
- We take pride in providing quality cranberries to our clientele.
- Our production methods are conducive to a sustainable environment.
- We are driven by the mutuality of our interests.
- Our communications and networking are based on trust, mutual respect, cooperation, integrity and reliable information.
- We work as a team and each member is treated equitably.
- We are a bilingual organization and members of both linguistic groups are treated with respect.